A new suite of Bento templates and components is now available that showcases, front and center, the impactful imagery and content stations produce for their digital properties.
PBS Digital’s Web Services team released the new Studio Suite in Bento and the features can be added to your Bento site by submitting a Support Portal ticket requesting access. This suite’s sleek and clean templates and components are reflective of the new PBS.org design (launched in Dec. 2015), and are based on the 1280 breakpoint and design ascetic. Many of these features can be seen already on national sites like Mercy Street, PBS Elections, and A Year in Space, and a full list is available below. The SPI and Web Services teams will be holding a webinar to do a full walkthrough of the Studio Suite features on March 15th at 3 PM ET. Follow this link to register for the webinar.
Studio Suite Pilot Group
KCOS, WMHT, CET and Think TV, and KNPB participated in a month long pilot group, where they thoroughly tested the Studio Suite and offered station-focused feedback in an effort to better the product offering. Below are a few examples of how stations within the pilot group leveraged the Studio Suite tools.
What Does This Mean for Stations?
Transitioning Bento station sites to the new Studio Suite is a key priority for PBS Digital in strengthening the Bento product, as it sets stations up to leverage the latest enhancements. As the Web Services team creates and builds new and exciting templates and components, they will be focusing on tools and features associated with the Studio Suite (again see full list below). This is meant to create a longer term, sustainable product and service offering, while PBS Digital helps stations with digital strategy, migration best practices, training and documentation support.
A few upcoming enhancements stations have to look forward to include a station mega-menu option, updated photo galleries, topical profile grids, and a visual blog layout. More information will be available regarding these tools as release dates near.
Ready for Studio?
We're excited to release the Studio Suite to stations! To have these features added to your site submit a Support Portal ticket requesting access. Don't forget to register for the Bento Studio Suite webinar on March 15 at 3 PM ET.
Have feedback to share? Feel free to reach out to your Digital rep or by submitting a ticket though the Support Portal with your thoughts and feedback. It will be funneled directly to the SPI team and Web Services team.
Studio Suite Feature List and Examples
- Studio One: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/
- Studio Two: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/about/
- Marquee http://www.pbs.org/redesign/home/ and http://theblackpanthers.com/home/
- Station Header: https://projects.pbs.org/confluence/display/lunchbox/Station+Header
- Content Promotion
- Custom Enhanced Promo: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/ (See Go Behind the Costumes, Props and Sets)
- Explorer Custom Promo: (users can now include 90-180 description text)
- Explorer Marquee Promo: http://www.pbs.org/redesign/home/ (see last module; users can add reminders, as well as navigation arrows above or below text)
- Explorer Program Countdown: See above, used on Big Blue Live and A Year in Space.
- Hero Carousel: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/
- Profile Grid Promo: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/ (see second to last module) (https://projects.pbs.org/confluence/display/lunchbox/Profile+Grid+Promo)
- Profile Grid: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/about/cast-characters/
- Explorer Playlist Player: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/ (see third module)
- Explorer Container Theme: http://theblackpanthers.com/ (gets applied to each module)
- Explorer Section Divider: (will have color options integrated)
- Station Theme: (improved color picker options)
- Program Page Headerr: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/about/ (see banner at the top under the navigation; applies percentages of gradients to images)
- Explorer Google Doubleclick: http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/ (see second row of modules to the right)