PBS Digital is pleased to report that we received over 50 application submissions for the PBS TechCon scholarship opportunity. Unfortunately we weren't able to offer a scholarship to all of the candidates who applied. We are however, very grateful to have had such a tremendous pool of applicants to select from. After reviewing the applications and agenda for the Digital Track, the SPI team was able to pull together a list of 10 recipients.
The scholarship recipients are as follows:
- Andrew Alvarez, Digital Fundraising Specialist, KQED
- Leif Brostrom, Social Media and Web Specialist, TPT - Twin Cities Public Television
- Mallorie Cloum, Director of Operations, WNIN
- Desiree Duncan, Director of Content, WCTE Upper Cumberland PBS
- Edward Goodwin, Streaming Media Specialist, South Carolina ETV
- Jessica Lee Mraz, Web Designer, New Mexico PBS
- Joseph Liu, Interactive Services Producer, KCTS 9
- Jess Snyder, Senior Manager, Web Systems, WETA
- Linda Wei, Producer/Manager of Digital Strategies, Nashville Public Television
- Patrick Yack, Chief Content Officer, Alaska Public Media
Please continue to follow the SPI blog, @SPI_PBS and the Weekly Update for future scholarship opportunities. Some currently available opportunities your station may be interested in include round two of the PBS Digital Studios Training, and an Annual Meeting Scholarship opportunity being brought to you by PBS' Strategy and Operations team (via their registration page).