1. Describe your role as an intern on the PBS Digital team.
I will help manage the SPI social media accounts by finding the best ways to showcase all of the unique PBS stations to each other, as well as to the public.
2. What’s the one website you can’t go a day without?
3. What is your favorite mobile app?
My mobile banking app. It has a funny way of eliciting a vast range of emotion from me.
4. In your opinion, what are the upcoming digital trends?
Simplicity. I believe an information overload began when the internet allowed users to link to numerous different sites from one website, as opposed to the traditional print model where there is one article and you get what you get. I think content producers will have a more effective online presence when they streamline and condense text and long videos into pictures and short clips. This goes for mobile apps as well.
5. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Twitter! The concise multimedia messages from people in my network help me stay connected and entertained.
6. If you could have a Google hangout with three people, who would they be and why?
I would hangout with my grandmother on my mom’s side because she died months before I was born, and my family always tells me I’m just like her; Oprah Winfrey because the influence she had on the world through her talk show and philanthropy is inspiring; and Jimmy Tatro because his YouTube videos are hilarious!
7. Describe the Internet in a word.