Ira Rubenstein, the new Sr. VP and GM of Digital, joined PBS in March, bringing more than 20 years of entertainment experience to the department. Prior to his most recent position as CEO of MeeMee Media, Ira held executive positions at 20th Century Fox, Marvel, and Sony. After spending many years in sunny California, Ira recently relocated to Arlington, VA for the position (notice: moving company advice below). When he's not in the office or traveling for work, Ira enjoys spending time with his family and exploring the DC metro area.
I lead the PBS Digital team and help them reach our goals.
2. Based on what you know now, if you could go back to your first day at PBS and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Pick a different moving company.
3. What’s the one website you can’t go a day without?
Nikkifinke.com and PBS.org :)
4. What is your favorite mobile app?
Flipboard because it allows me to customize all content from across the internet. Social feeds, content feeds, news feeds, etc… As well as share those items that I want to in a nice mobile interface.
5. In your opinion, what are the upcoming digital trends?
Mobile, mobile, mobile.
6. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Facebook. Because my parents are on it and they like to see the pictures of the kids. I also like to stay in touch with friends and seeing what they are up to. Through Facebook I can do that.
7. Describe the Internet in a word.
Organized Chaos. (I know, two words)