The holiday months are the prime season for food and cooking content. PBS Food experiences our highest growth and engagement during these months, and we want stations to take advantage of this impending opportunity. Below are five ways that stations can leverage social and food content during the holiday season.
- Suggested Tweets/Posts: We want to give you MORE this holiday season. Typically PBS Food provides one suggested “Recipe of the Week” post in the weekly suggested tweet/posts document that the PBS Marketing team provides. This year we have curated daily tweets/posts for each holiday starting with Thanksgiving. Each day has two suggested posts: one planning tip post and one recipe leading up to Turkey Day. Stations can download the complete spreadsheet of suggested language and content links, as well as imagery for every post from this Box folder as well as the PBS DAM (Digital Asset Management), and the Source. The images for the planning tip posts come in two versions - PBS Food branded as well as a co-brandable version for station logos.
- Bentomatic: The Food Bentomatic is an effective way to leverage food content on your site that is powered by the PBS Food team that includes holiday pages and highlights broadcast priorities within the food and cooking genre. If you already have this Bentomatic assigned, you will find the collection automatically updated throughout the year. To have the Food Bentomatic assigned to your site, submit your request via the Digital Support Portal. If it is your first time submitting a ticket, then follow the selection “What do you need assistance with?” then select Bento Admin and “Type of Issue” will be Bentomatic Access.
- Hashtags: Whenever sharing holiday content on your station’s social media channels, please use the holiday specific hashtags (#HalloweenPBS, #ThanksgivingPBS, #HanukkahPBS, and #ChristmasPBS). This will allow everyone to easily promote one another’s content, and coordinate efforts across the system.
- Holiday Videos: Your local COVE portal has a variety of holiday videos available for promotion that we have curated by the holiday including Halloween videos, Thanksgiving videos, and Christmas videos.
- Holiday Hubs: Stations who do not plan to adopt the Food Bentomatic on their site can promote the individual holiday hub pages on PBS Food which highlight similar content pieces that are promoted in the Bentomatic. The hub pages for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve feature all of our seasonal content including recipes, videos, planning tips, gift guides, and more. Furthermore, we encourage any station with holiday content to reach out to the PBS Food team for promotion on these hub pages and/or our social channels.
If you have any questions or content to share, please contact Ashley Carufel (email@example.com).