This section demonstrates how to view the number of COVE streams that happened on mobile devices.
- Log in to the Google Analytics account you have linked to your COVE account.
- Click Content >> Events >> Overview (Figure 1).
- Under Top Events, click Event Action then click view full report in the bottom right side of the page (Figure 2).
- In the resulting report click MediaStart from the Event Action column (Figure 3).
- The report that is generated displays the total number of streams (Total Events column) for all your players (Figure 4) including:
- Partner Player
- Viral Player
- Mobile Web Portal
- Click the Advanced Segments button in the upper left-hand corner of the report (Figure 5).
- Under Default Segments, click Mobile and Table Traffic and click Apply. The total number of events for each player-type in the report now reflects the number of streams that occurred that occurred on a mobile device or tablet (Figure 6).
- It's that simple! With just a click of a button you can see what portion of our audience is streaming your videos on a mobile device.
So, to recap, the Video - Mobile Web Portal event category is going away. It will be consolidated under the Video - Portal Event Category and you will now use Advanced Segments in Google Analytics to determine what portion of those streams happened on a mobile device.
We hope this helps you access your streaming totals more quickly and gain the insight you need.