Instructions for implementing the Weather Zone Module
- Create a transparent PNG file 98 pixels wide by 60 pixels high, name it “stationlogo.png”.
- Save the image to a folder called images in your local directory.
- Extract the files from the Weatherzone folder in WeatherZone1.0.zip.
- Save all of the files to your computer.
- This will create a sub-directory on your computer called weatherzone.
- FTP the weatherzone1.0 directory to your web server.
- Open an HTML editor.
- Open furtherexploration.html (this is a file extracted from the zip file in Step 1).
- Copy the code in Figure 1.
- Paste the code between the <head></head> tags of furtherexploration.html.
- On the last line of code, replace "wtiu" with your staton's call letters.
How to change the player on the Parents Teachers Section to your station
- Go to this link: http://soup.pbskids.org/producerplayer/stationplayer.php.
- Fill out the fields along the left column.
- Click Build Player.
- Copy the code that is generated on the right side of the screen.
- Open the further exploration.html file.
- Paste the code in the further exploration.html file.
Here are the settings used:
- Station Call Letters: [WKRP]
- Pick a Brand: PBS Kids
- Pick Your Categories: select Weather
- Video Selection: Only Clips
- Player Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Show Banner: Display Show banner: Above the Release List
- Release List: Position Release List: Right of the Player
- # of columns: 4
- Container type: HTML
- Container Width: 780
- Container Height: 410’
Promote this module!
Download the promotional toolkit containing customizable web banners, posters and activity sheets as well as logos and graphic elements for creating your own promotional items.
All questions regarding The Weather Zone module should be sent to email@example.com.