Big Blue Live: Station Social
Last Updated by
PBS and the BBC are making a concerted push to use social media to drive tune-in and viewer engagement with BIG BLUE LIVE.
Your station - especially your marketing and social-media teams - can help.
Every post on Twitter that uses the #BigBlueLive hashtag will get picked up by our social-media monitoring tool - and appear as a pulsing blue dot. We'd like to light up the entire map.
Whether you live along the ocean, or inland near lakes, streams and rivers — your tweets can help encourage viewers to share photos and tweets. To make sure the posts can show up, Twitter accounts must have the geo-locator feature turned-on. To do so: Go to Settings, then Security and Privacy, and then check the box that says "Add a location to my Tweets."
In need of #BigBlueLive inspiration and assets? Use the suggested wording that you can find on myPBS or the additional marketing resources are below.
- New images on PressRoom: http://pressroom.pbs.org/Programs/b/BIG-BLUE-LIVE.aspx
- New videos on YouTube: http://to.pbs.org/1MOC8YX
- Station social media outline w/ suggested tweets & posts on MyPBS
- Stations can use the social media outline to use pre-written tweets and posts about BIG BLUE LIVE. Please edit to your station’s programming schedule.
- There are also a bunch of new videos on the BIG BLUE LIVE YouTube playlist for sharing on social media http://to.pbs.org/1MOC8YX
- We also have new images on PBS PressRoom which are cleared for press and social media
- Visit the YouTube playlist, PressRoom and PBS social media channels leading up to BIG BLUE LIVE’s first broadcast on Monday 8/31 for fresh assets that will be uploaded as available