Behind the Screens: Meet Taryn Stewart
1. Describe your role on the PBS Digital team.
2. Based on what you know now, if you could go back to your first day at PBS and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
I would tell myself to speak up! I was incredibly shy when I started almost six years ago. It took me a long time to start talking in meetings…I’m sure that’s hard to believe nowJ
3. What’s the one website you can’t go a day without?
Well I obviously can’t go a day without pbs.org, but my other passion is fitness. I make sure to check out the websites and blogs of my favorite fitness trainers: Jillian Michaels, Jeanette Jenkins and Shaun T.
4. What is your favorite mobile app?
Besides our PBS App…I have become quite obsessed with DuoLingo. I was a Spanish minor in college and I need to sharpen my skills.
5 In your opinion, what are the upcoming digital trends?
I’m sure we will see an even greater increase in digital software that requires the use of our map and locator features. We’re going to be mapping our every move.
5. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
I LOVE Twitter. I can’t imagine watching my favorite programs or witnessing special events without the “twitterverse!”
6. Describe the Internet in a word.